Thursday, February 24, 2011

Decisions, decisions

There is a possibility I have somewhat jumped the gate in my planning. I made a daily plan without first thinking about what my long term goals are. What is it that I actually want to do. Its a pretty intimidating question. I mean how often do people actually stop and ask themselves "What do I want to do with my life?" The last time I remember something slightly like this was in high school, picking which subjects to study in year 11 and 12. Sitting with the year level coordinator and my mother discussing what I was capable of... All I knew at that time was I loved to paint and draw. So I studied Commerce and Management/Marketing. It can be hard not to get caught up in others' expectations of you, especially when your not sure what exactly it is that you want to do.

hmmm just had a craving for twisties...

So back to life planning. Life Planning is something my dear friend and bridesmaid to my wedding in July, let's call her Dante, is very good at. When we lived together we would have life planning sessions to figure out some goals for the near future. It always made me feel like I had direction. Which is what I need now. Currently I am stewing over two possible options. Do I want to work as a designer in an agency in the corporate world or do I want to freelance and potentially work from home? Decisions, Decisions...


No comments:

Post a Comment