Monday, April 11, 2011

Oh Dear


Oh Dear, my poor little blog. How I have neglected you. To catch you up I have been busy (poor excuse I know) doing many things since we last spoke. Here is a list:

1. Finders Keepers Melbourne - I played shop girl for the wonderful Bespoke Letterpress at the March Finders Keepers markets. It was so much fun! Talking to people who love letterpress a
nd to the other store holders. I had many learnings which will come in handy when I get my own market business organised. You can read more about it at Bespoke Letterpress or Finders Keepers. These amazing images were taken by Alischa of Bespoke Letterpress.












2. Designing personalised baby posters (pictures to follow very soon).
3. Designing 30th birthday invite for one of my bestest friends (and maid of honor!)
4. Catching up with friends at the Art in the 21st Century exhibit at GoMA - awesome exhibit, especially the pool piece and my favourite, the wishing ribbon wall (Im sure thats not its actual name!) You get to pull a ribbon from the wall to keep, each ribbon has a wish on it; then you replace it with a wish of your own. We were told that the artist will use the replaced wishes in their next piece. The ribbon I pulled said "I wish I had magical powers", the friends I was with pulled "I wish everyone was happy and owned unicorns" and "I wish I was a famous cricket player". Very cool. The white paper sticking out in the image below is a replaced wish (photo from GoMA website).











5. Wedding planning - including going to the Queensland Brides wedding and honeymoon expo, which I must say was a bit of a let down. Don't bother going if you have already booked your venue. I was hoping to find information about wedding cars, alterations, stylists (you know places where you can hire props for the wedding), and honeymoons. There was one stylist organisation for beach weddings, lots of venues and DJs, lots of 'cupcake' dresses and lots of stall holders trying to put the hard sell on people. I went up to a lot of hotels and asked for honeymoon information which only one had a single page flyer. Ba Bow :(

Um thats all I can think of at the moment! will have more for you soon :D

No comments:

Post a Comment